Our Lighting Products Meet Buy American Act Requirements
ANP Lighting products meet the requirements of the Buy American Act; Section 1605 of the American Recovery Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Click here to download Buy America FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Buy American Act?
A. The Buy american Act restricts the purchase of supplies that are not domestic end products. For manufactured end products, the Buy American Act used a two-part text to define a domestic end product.
1. The product must be manufactured in the United States; and
2. The cost of the domestic components must exceed 50 percent of the cost of all the components.
Q. What are the conditions of the Buy American Act within the ARRA?
A. When using funds appropriated under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the definition of “domestic manufactured end product” requires that the product be manufactured in th United States, but does not include the requirement with regard to the origin of the components.
Q. Do ANP Lighting products meet these conditions?
A. Yes, ANP Lighting products are manufactured in the United States.
Q. Are there any exceptions to the Buy American Act?
A. Yes, exceptions are allowed for cases:
1. Where the head of the federal agency concerned determines adherence would be “inconsistent with the public interest”.
2. Where iron/steel/manufactures are not productd in the U.S. in sufficient and available quantities.
3. Inclusion of U.S. products would increase overall project cost by 25 percent.
Q. Where can I find more information ablut the Buy American Act?
A. You can visit https://app_gsagov_prod_rdcgwaajp7wr.s3.amazonaws.com/GSA%201735.pdf for more information.